Melba’s Chocolate Factory is a ‘working’ tourism factory located in a heritage listed complex at 22 Henry St, Woodside in the Adelaide Hills. ‘Melba’s’ got its name from the restaurant that the owners of the choc factory used to own.
It is a heritage site because this place used to be Woodside Farmers Union’s factory which had closed in 1977. For 58 years since 1919, this site was famous worldwide for the cheese, butter, margarine and small goods produced by the South Australian farmers. However, this activity ceased in 1976. Yet, after fourteen years of abandon and neglect, Melba’s took over the former cheese factory building in 1st of July 1990.
Visitors today find the old cheese factory transformed into a large emporium style chocolate and confectionery factory shop.
- Barristers Block Wine Cellar in South Australia Review
- Best Fish ‘n Chips in Aldinga Beach, Food Review
- Tour South Australia
- 7 Big Reasons to Visit Victor Harbor in South Australia
via Daily Post: Heritage
Thanks for the like, comment and share!