I can remember my brother saying “If only all people are given at least $1Million each, then everyone lives fairly and happy…no crime, no rich, no poor.” I admired his words then. But now I understand, why it is not the case.
Because even if all of us in the world would have an equal amount of money, everyone does not have the same values on money, wealth, happiness and life. Some interpret these four words interchangeably. Others fairly knew the difference of each from the other and how it correlates with each other early on.
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
Isn’t it a wonder how the wealthy becomes richer? While some people who were given the chance at being rich quickly ironically goes back to their old state after some years. In fact, research states that about seventy percent (70%) of lottery winners end up bankrupt within five years. This is according to the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), a nonprofit organisation dedicated to empowering individuals on financial education.
“Lottery winners often think they have a bottomless pit of money and they spend, spend, spend without a care. People who were little, ordinary people all of a sudden become extraordinary,” said Steve Lewit, CEO of Wealth Financial Group in Chicago. “They’re euphoric. They lose all sense of reality. They think they’re invincible and powerful. They think they’re Superman.“
Well, I can fairly understand this. Who knows I might actually be acting like them if given a huge windfall! =)
However, now we understand that it is the attitude and our personal orientation towards money that makes all the difference. “Wealth thinkers” don’t let their heads revolve around the money. Their life continues as like when they have the same amount of money even when they have billions already.
“I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.” — Bill Gates
Regardless, their desire for success remains constant despite their achieved status. Their work ethic continues to be relentless nonetheless. They still relate empathetically, creatively and respectfully with others. Most importantly, their entrepreneurial spirit never dies. Such that their inclination towards finding their purpose, creating their vision, and growing it to become a reality lives on.
So to leave you motivated as you catapult yourself towards your dreams, here are seven advices from the most successful and rich people themselves:
- Think long-term: “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffet
- Stay focused on your goals regardless: “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that – really successful people say no to almost everything.” – Warren Buffet
- Have clarity and be happy: “There are people who have money, and there are people who are rich.” – Coco Chanel
- Believe that you are capable and worthy of being rich no matter who you are and regardless your past: “If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.” – Warren Buffet
- Be truly motivated to inspire others: “It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’ve led, and how much you get their creativity to shine.” – Steve Jobs
- Improve continuously: “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.” – Warren Buffet
- The real wealth is within yourself: If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” – Henry Ford
via Daily Post: Catapult
Thanks for reading! I wish you all the best in your life’s journey!
More readings like this from my blog here:
- How to be Successful In Everything You Do, 6 Easy Steps
- Persistence, How to Thrive
- How to Happy in Life, 3 Steps
- Wisdom on Life: This Too Shall Pass
- Leave The Past, Today Life Begins
- How to Stop Worrying
- I Will Stand By You
May the force be with you!