According to Amy Jo Martin, “Social media is changing the way we communicate and the way we are perceived, both positively and negatively. Every time you post a photo or update your status, you are contributing to your own digital footprint and personal brand.”
I guess some people are just convinced with these notions that:
- First impressions last.
- You never get a second chance to create a good first impression.
While this is true, I reckon this truth is just overwhelming. Such that there is a certain pressure, as a result, to put up a wonderful show and to share just the stunning. Which we all know – this isn’t real with life.
Life is meant to be:
- “The dance between darkness and light — the stars and the moon will always need the darkness to be seen, the darkness will just not be worth having without the moon and the stars.” – C JoyBell C
- “If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.” – Anthon St. Maarten
Thus, I understand how social media contributes greatly to the rise in depression especially among teens. Especially that keeping in touch is no longer about face to face, but instead screen to screen, says Susie East from CNN. This is sad.
However, it is still a golden rule to stay real! As the saying goes:
Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just your absence felt.
No need to explain.
So, as I end this post, here are some tips on making an impression on social media:
- Whatever makes a good impression on the heart seems lovely in the eye. – Saadi
- The brand is just a perception. and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But a brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product. – Elon Musk
- A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. – Jeff Bezos
- Be the type of person you want to meet. – Anonymous
Thanks for reading and the like, comment or share!
By the way, what do you think of my new social media cover page? =) I do appreciate your feedback in the comments below.
Here are some of my related blogs here:
- Wisdom on Life: This Too Shall Pass
- 23 Best Things About Being a Kid, says the Kids
- Envy and Self-Compassion
via Daily Post: Impression